The 2018 MyBroadband Cloud, Hosting and Security Conference took place on 13 June at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand. Top cloud, hosting and security executives and IT professionals were in attendance. The speakers covered a range of topics including hosting, virtualisation and more.
CipherWave, a regular sponsor, focussed its messaging around its locally owned and manged data centre. They offer a wide range of locally hosted and supported cloud services that include: DRaaS, BaaS, Cloud Connect, Server Hosting, Office 365 and Hosted PBX. CipherWave’s cloud is powered by Veeam, VMWare and Microsoft allowing their customers to leverage their existing technologies, products and licensing when moving into CipherWave’s local cloud.
Reasons to Host Local with CipherWave
- Low latency. Ideal for high priority applications where speed is essential.
- Data sovereignty. International cloud providers can process, replicate and store your data across numerous countries. This blurs the laws that apply. Hosting your applications and business data locally means your company data is governed by local laws.
- Local 24/7 support as and when you need it. No time or language barriers.
- Stronger cloud provider relationships. When on-going support is critical, a local contact becomes invaluable. If you need an emergency response or faster turnaround, a local cloud provider is often more responsive.
- Data transport between you and your cloud is cheaper and faster.
- Data migration costs are also lower. Getting your data to and from a local cloud provider is relatively straight forward. These costs quickly escalate if you are migrating terabytes of data to international providers or extracting/ switching between providers.
“Managing our own infrastructure, along with owning our own data centre gives us the ability to offer better service guarantees,” says Wayne D’sa, CipherWave Managing Director.
Reasons to collaborate with CipherCloud
- Improved business agility
- Increased efficiency
- Peace-of-mind knowing that your business data is secure
- Minimised downtime and business interruption
- Better use of business resources
- Improved business productivity through access to infrastructure when you need it
CipherWave is a South African Internet Service Provider (ISP) that provides growing businesses a range of solutions to help them connect, communicate and collaborate with their customers, employees and suppliers. We own and manage our own network infrastructure, which enables us to provide efficient, speedy service and support that our customers can count on 24/7.